Tournament Hoops Notes
- Lawrence High School point guard Jaylen Alicea '11 scored 35 points, had 10 rebounds, 10 assists, and 5 steals in their HUGE upset of Cambridge Rindge and Latin Friday night, He followed up that performance by dropping 38 points on Westford Academy in a quarter final win. He faces Lynn English Wednesday in the semi finals of the D1 North tournament. - Westford Patch article
- Lynn English guard Travonne Berry Rogers '11 scored 27 points and center Keandre Stanton '12 (pictured left) had 19 points, a thunderous dunk and countless blocks in the final quarter as LE defeated Acton - Boxborough, 81-70, Sunday evening. - Acton Patch article
- Newton North took the rubber match with Bay State Conference rival Weymouth as point guard Michael Thorpe '12 had 15 points for NN. The Falzon brothers were also impressive defending the paint for the Tigers. - ESPN Boston article
- The NEPSAC championships, Class (AAA-A) were decided this weekend at Endicott College and MCI was the surprise winner of the AAA championship. They defeated Brewster Academy and new Hampton School to take home the title. Tilton School won their fourth consecutive AA championship and Choate won the Class A with a win over Salisbury School. See the NEPSAC site for all game scores and information.
- Bangor pulled off an upset over Cheverus in Maine's Class A State Championship game at the Augusta Civic Center on Saturday. - Bangor Daily News article
Please follow Mass Prep Stars for coverage and athlete updates on Twitter @masspreps. Please also stay connected with us on our Facebook page. You can check out our NEW Instagram page, where we will bring you live shots and clips from Mass Prep Stars in action. Lastly, make sure you create and update your Mass Prep Stars athlete profile, by going to http://massprepstars.com/players/profile-options and use it as your Scholastic Athletic Resume. You can create and update your bio information, statistics, photos, videos and news links! Please Email us with any questions!