Mass Prep Stars Weekly 8-6-14
Welcome to our NEWEST weekly column,
Mass Prep Stars Weekly
Welcome to our second addition of our NEW weekly column, Mass Prep Stars Weekly. We are launching this column this summer with the intent of making it a weekly (Wednesday) column during the school year. We will use this column to post updated athlete news, athlete interviews, recruiting info, links, twitter updates, photos, videos and everything else Mass Prep Star related. We will use this column to update all four of the sports Mass Prep Stars covers (Football, Girls and Boys Basketball, and Boys Lacrosse).
Please email email@example.com with any athlete news items or athlete features that you would like included.
"It is a dream come true to be even considered by a school like Harvard," Gilmore told Mass Prep Stars.
The 6-foot-4, 260 lb. Gilmore helped lead Milton Academy to an outright ISL Championship and NEPSAC "Tom Flaherty" Bowl victory in 2013.
"None of these opportunities would have existed if it were not for the unbelievable coaching I have received from Coach Kevin MacDonald and the rest of the Milton Academy coaching staff," Gilmore said.
The 2013 All-ISL performer and 2014 Milton Academy Co-Captain chose Harvard over seven other FCS offers, including three other IVY league offers.
Gilmore and Milton Academy are looking to repeat in 2014, as they look to restock their starting rotation that features returning talents in sophomore DB Michael Silva '17 and junior RB Domenic Cozier '16.
"With one of the winningest High School coaches in state history on our sideline, I am very excited for my senior season and the opportunity to contend for another ISL Championship," Gilmore said.
- As first reported by Bob McGovern of Maroon Musket, Marblehead OT Derek Dumais '15 made his verbal commitment to the University of Massachusetts last week. Dumais helped pave the way for star running back and Notre Dame lacrosse commit, Brooks Tyrrell '15 in 2013. As McGovern noted, the 6-foot-5 320 lb. Dumais was very impressed by the annual UMass football recruiting event, The Clam-Bake, that was recently held by the UMass football program.
- Another Clam-Bake attendee was rising Boston Latin star TE/DE Peter Honzik '15. The 6-foot-4 Honzik has seen his recruitment pick up this off-season, as he informed Mass Prep Stars that Brown University has recently offered him a place in their upcoming recruiting class. Honzik is also being actively recruited by UMass, Harvard, UPenn, and Yale, among others. This off-season has been busy for Honzik as he has attended camps at Harvard, Yale, UPenn, Brown, UMass, UNH as well as the New England Elite.
- Salisbury School (CT) QB and former Cambridge Rindge and Latin star David Maaghul '15 has had a busy summer, as the former Cambridge, Mass. resident has been all over the camp scene, as well as participating in a recent family move to Northern California. Maaghul told Mass Prep Stars that he is hearing from numerous FBS and FCS schools, with Brown, Lafayette and Georgetown to name a few. The Salisbury School signal caller is excited to get back to campus on September 2nd to start pre-season camp and has a few August camps remaining on his schedule.
- Under-the-Radar prospect, Norwell OL James Reilly '15, has been active this summer as he has also seen an upswing in his recruitment. The 6-foot-4 256 lb. OL / DL has gained an impressive 35 lbs since his junior season and is hearing from a number of FCS schools including the University of Rhode Island Towson, and Yale.
- As first reported by the Boston Herald, via head coach Jim Gallivan, Walpole center Summer King '15 has committed to Colgate University. The 6-foot-2 King is one of the top returning post players in the Class of 2015. You can read more here on the Boston Herald online.
- As we prepare to release our 2015 Girls Basketball Pre-Ranking, along with future pre-rankings and updates, we encourage all Girls Basketball players in particular to submit an athlete profile. This profile can help you feature your highlights, stats, bio information, photos and more. Please also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and continue to suggest Mass Prep Star athletes to feature and focus on.
- Brewster Academy (NH) power forward Jarred Reuter '15 announced via twitter on Saturday that he has committed to the University of Virginia and Tony Bennett's 2013-2014 ACC champion Cavaliers. The 6-foot-8 Rochester, Mass. native played his AAU ball for the New England Playaz and is one of the top ranked players in Massachusetts and New England's in the Class of 2015. Reuter will be a welcome addition to UVA and provide immediate help in the front court in 2015-2016 for the Cavs.
- Catholic Memorial guard Guilien Smith '15 also announced via twitter that he has made a verbal commitment to Dartmouth University. The sharp-shooting Smith was named Co-MVP of the Catholic Conference this past season, while averaging 18 points, eight rebounds and three steals a game.
- Acton-Boxboro middie JT Kelly '15 made his college decision known last week as the All-American chose RPI to continue his college lacrosse. RPI is proving to be a new featured destination for A-B players as former teammate and fellow All-American LSM Austin Wolf '14 also chose the New York school and will be a freshman this fall.
JT Kelly '15 - Acton-Boxboro
A 2014 D1 State Champion with A-B, Kelly was also selected to participate in the annual Boston Lax All-American game this past season along with being named All-DCL and Boston Lax D1 First Team honors. A-B Lacrosse announced Kelly's decision via twitter late last week.
Please follow Mass Prep Stars for live game coverage and athlete updates on Twitter @masspreps. Please also stay connected with us on our Facebook page. You can also check out our NEW Instagram page, where we will bring you live shots and clips from Mass Prep Stars in action. Lastly, make sure you create your Mass Prep Stars athlete profile and use it as as your Scholastic Athletic Resume. You can create and update your bio/profile, statistics, photos, videos and news links and keep everything in one accessible location!
Please follow Mass Prep Stars for coverage and athlete updates on Twitter @masspreps. Please also stay connected with us on our Facebook page. You can check out our NEW Instagram page, where we will bring you live shots and clips from Mass Prep Stars in action. Lastly, make sure you create and update your Mass Prep Stars athlete profile, by going to http://massprepstars.com/players/profile-options and use it as your Scholastic Athletic Resume. You can create and update your bio information, statistics, photos, videos and news links! Please Email us with any questions!