2011 Massachusetts Lacrosse Fab 15 Poll
Our first 2011 Massachusetts Lacrosse Fab 15 poll - Pre-Season
1. Duxbury - One of the most talented squads in the Northeast has depth at every position and will be tough to beat in Massachusetts this year. Seamus Connelly '12 (Duke) and Paul Heller '12 (Fairfield) lead a potent offense that should be tough to stop in 2011. The defense runs out five to seven talented poles and the midfield depth is also very strong. New goalie Henry Buonagurio '12 (Drexel) should be tested early but early signs point to him being up for the challenge.
2. Billerica - Led by a potent attack of Grant Whiteway '11 (UMass), Cam Slatton '12, and Ben Melaugh '12 the Indians can score with anyone.
3. Needham - Will Stenberg '11 (Albany) and the veteran Needham Rockets will look to make a serious run at a title this year.
4. Lincoln-Sudbury - Always a power in D1 L-S lost some serious talent from last year but return Connor Hall '12 and some skilled underclassmen.
5. St. John's Prep - After losing an incredible amount of talent from last year's State Championship team Prep will rely heavily on star Colin Blackwell '11 (Harvard-hockey).
6. Cohasset - Thomas Flibotte '11 could be the Most Valuable Player in Massachusetts. Cohasset lost a lot of punch at attack but should be back at the top of D3.
7. Concord-Carlisle - Always strong on defense CC has the midfield depth and experienced offensive players, Seth Bird '11 and Cole Fisher '11, back for a final run at D2.
8. BC High - BC High was up and down last year but they have the talent returning to beat the best (see St. John's Prep 2010).
9. Wellesley - Goalie Connor Darcey '11 (Penn State) is one of the best keepers in Massachusetts and should make a big impact in Wellesley's run this year.
10. Medfield - Medfield is led by goalie Sam Aronson '11 (Tufts). Depth could be a problem this year but expect the 2010 D2 Champs to be near the top again this year.
11. Hingham - Hingham should compete at the top of D2 again this year as Kevin Blair '12 returns to lead the offense and Derek McInnis '11 is back in net.
12. Masconomet - Kurt Hunziker '12 (UMass) is one of the best overall athletes in the state. Masco has an early test with BC High (4/5) to look forward to.
13. Reading - Reading lost some talented offensive and defensive stars but return lock down long stick Larry Gilligan '11 and some new blood at midfield and attack.
14. Beverly - After going (17-6) last year Beverly looks to make their move in D2 in 2011.
15. Longmeadow - Western Mass' best team last year suffered a large defeat to Medfield but return a slew of talented players who expect to rule WMass again in 2011.
Please follow Mass Prep Stars for coverage and athlete updates on Twitter @masspreps. Please also stay connected with us on our Facebook page. You can check out our NEW Instagram page, where we will bring you live shots and clips from Mass Prep Stars in action. Lastly, make sure you create and update your Mass Prep Stars athlete profile, by going to http://massprepstars.com/players/profile-options and use it as your Scholastic Athletic Resume. You can create and update your bio information, statistics, photos, videos and news links! Please Email us with any questions!
Players in Article
Check out some of the most popular articles on MAPS
Check out some of the latest articles on MAPS